On Tuesday September 8th, the Redhawk Volleyball team will begin their quest for a 4th straight Region Championship as they take on new Region foe AC Flora High School. The JV’s will begin at 5:30 with the Varsity Match to follow. The new procedure for purchasing tickets is below along with the Volleyball Covid Venue Procedures for 2020. SCHSL passes (+1), Gold Card Passes, and Richland District Two ID’s (+1) will be accepted for entry, however, if the venue is at capacity at the time you show up then those passes will not be allowed.
WESTWOOD HIGH PROCEDURES FOR HOME VOLLEYBALL EVENTS
COVID CAPACITY 430
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to communicate with all of our parents, community, opposing teams, opposing coaches, and patrons the following guidelines we will be adhering to for all Westwood Home Volleyball Games.
- All Patrons MUST wear a face mask when entering our building. All patrons and opposing teams will enter the Main Gym Lobby located at the front of the school for entrance to Volleyball games.
- Masks must remain on and cover the face at all times while in attendance in our main building.
- Restrooms will be located for patrons in the Main Gym Lobby and all patrons must wear a mask in the restroom. Please limit 6 people at a time in the Main Gym Lobby Restrooms.
- There will be NO concessions offered during volleyball games. Patrons may bring their own water bottles into the gym. Please Do Not leave trash in the bleachers. Trash cans will be available in the corners of the Main Gym.
- Ticket Information: There will NOT be any cash sales or credit card sales at the venue during the volleyball season. All tickets must be purchased online. We are using Hometown Ticketing this year for ticket sales. Tickets may be purchased by going to our athletic website (www.westwoodredhawks.com) and selecting the “Tickets” link in the top right corner of the home page. Make sure to select the desired contest. There will be NO Refunds for purchased tickets. The cost of a ticket is $5 plus a digital processing fee. Due to social distancing requirements, 430 is the maximum number of tickets that we can sell for a contest. Tickets are sold on a first come basis. Once you purchase a ticket online, you may either print out on paper a ticket with a QR code or you can bring your phone with you to the venue to be scanned for entry.
- Patrons CANNOT enter the court area before, during, or after the Volleyball match.
- We ask ALL patrons to exit the gym immediately once the match has been completed.
- The bleachers will be marked as to which rows patrons can sit on and they will need to adhere to the Social Distancing of 6 feet apart. Household family members may sit together.
- Team sideline chairs will be spaced 6 feet apart. Chairs should be assigned to each team member. PLAYERS AND COACHES ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS IN THE SIDELINE AREAS.
- Following the completion of the JV game the sideline chairs will be wiped down and the net will be sanitized before playing the next game. Hand Sanitizer will be made available at each end of the scorer’s table for officials, coaches, score table personnel, and players.
- Teams WILL NOT switch benches during the match.
- Athletes and Coaches are NOT allowed to shake hands at the beginning or conclusion of each match.
- There will be NO Locker Room availability for dressing. Players need to come dressed for participation. Locker Room restrooms will be available for the visiting team players but limited to 2 athletes at a time.
- Players are encouraged to bring their own water bottles. Water WILL NOT be provided on the sidelines.
Thank you in advance for help keeping Westwood High School safe as we attempt to host a safe environment for Volleyball Matches. We look forward to an exciting season!